The welded connection
PPR pipe system
The KELEN pipe system, with its numerous advantages, is ideal for hot and cold water installations. The excellent quality of the piping system, based on a polypropylene copolymer (PP-R), guarantees corrosion resistance against all ions in the water as well as building materials – inside and outside.
High impact resistance even at temperatures below freezing, the secure connection technology without added materials ensures that after connection, the pipe and fitting form a permanently sealed unit made of one single continuous material.
Optionally, the system is also available pre-insulated – this enables fast, standard-compliant and cost-saving concealed installation.
Drinking water, sanitary and utility water piping for hot and cold water.
KELEN pipe system for hot and cold water and drinking water, made of PP random copolymer (PP-R type 3). The pipes are tested and approved both internally and by external institutes. Approved for drinking water. Smooth internal surface. Low heat conductivity. Long service life and high resistance to impact down to a temperature of -5°C
|Field of application:||PN20 = 20°C/20 bar; 70°C/8 bar PN16 = 20°C/16 bar; 60°C/8 bar PN10 = 20°C/10 bar|
|Dimension range:||KE02 PN10: d20, 25, 32, 40, 50, 63, 75, 90, 110, 125, 160|
KE08 PN16: d20, 25, 32, 40, 50, 63, 75, 90, 110
KE00 PN20: d20, 25, 32, 40, 50, 63, 75, 90, 110
KE06 PN20: d20, 25, 32, 40, 50, 63, 75, 90
|Dim. LX - System:||d20, 25, 32|
|Insulation:||Insulating thicknesses: 4, 9 and 13 mm|
Factory pre-insulated pipes in reel and rod products made of cross-linked, closed-cell PE foam with special profile of dimpled and air chamber elements, extruded, viscoelastic protective film, tear-resistant mesh fabric and SENSO positioning in the UP area
Factory-pre-insulated fittings in material-identical design Thermal conductivity: 0.039 W/mK at 40°C
|Tests:||ÖNORM EN ISO 15874 Teil 1-5 |
ÖVGW Reg.Nr. W 1.254
ÖNORM B 5014/1
ÖNORM B 5019
|Colour:||Grey with 3 coloured longitudinal stripes which accord to the pressure level|
|Special parts:||KE06 KELIT ALU composite pipe PN20|
- Polyfusion welding (socket welding) using material-identical PP-R fittings with moulded welding sleeves d20–110 mm
- Material-identical LX-insulated PP-R fittings with 4, 9 and 13 mm insulation d20–32 mm
- Butt welding using material-identical POB fittings in d160 mm
- Metal transitions with internal or external thread made of stress-free annealed, dezincification-resistant brass, pore-free and metallised d20–75 mm
- Electric welding process by means of push-on electric welding socket d20–160 mm
- Detachable Dutch connections d20–90 mm
- Detachable flange connections d20–110 mm