PRIVACY STATEMENT Website www.kekelit.com
KE KELIT Kunststoffwerk Gesellschaft m.b.H. , company number 79524m, Ignaz Mayer Straße 17, 4020 Linz
This Privacy Statement only relates to the website. If you are forwarded to other pages by links, please obtain information on the relevant website concerning their data processing policy.
A) Preliminary remarks
The term “data processing” means any process carried out in relation to PD (personal data) such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction (Article 4 GDPR).
KE KELIT is aware how important the personal data (“PD”) of its customers are and thus informs them as to how their PD will be processed by this “website” and thus enable them to maintain the best possible level of control. KE KELIT will process your data exclusively according to law (GDPR, Austrian Telecommunications Act 2003)
B) Data controller for the PD processed through this website
The data controller for the data collected and processed through this website is:
KE KELIT Kunststoffwerk Gesellschaft m.b.H. , company number 79524m, Ignaz Mayer Straße 17, 4020 Linz (“KE KELIT”), Austria
KE KELIT has designated a data processor in relation to this website, including a data administrator.
For further information concerning the data controller and a comprehensive list of the designated data processors, please write to KE KELIT at the following email address: Datenschutz@kekelit.com (klick here)
C) Personal data
Our website may in principle also be used without providing personal data. However, different arrangements may apply in relation to the use of individual services, to which we shall specifically draw your attention.
Aside from the cookies described in detail below, we shall also in principle only collect and store data that you yourselves disclose to us by entering them into our input masks or by otherwise actively interacting with our website.
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. This includes for example your name, your address, your telephone number or your date of birth, but also your IP address or geolocalisation data, which can be traced back to you.
D) The website and the purposes for which PD are processed
The PD collected and processed through the website differ in nature and are processed for various purposes and in various ways. These include:
- data relating to searches conducted by you on the website. These will be processed in order to guarantee that the website operates properly. You can find further information concerning this in our separate;
- all data that you voluntarily disclose when filling in our enquiry forms (including in particular email address, personal data, telephone number) or data that is otherwise obtained legally. These will be processed in order to confirm receipt of your enquiries and to provide the desired service and in order to provide you with the necessary support and information in relation to KE KELIT items. You are not under any obligation to disclose your PD. However, if you do not disclose any PD, it will not be possible for KE KELIT to process your enquiry.
- subject to your express approval, you may also consent [to the usage] of the data that you have provided to us directly for marketing purposes, i.e. in order to provide you with information by newsletter, email, SMS and MMS and to inform you regarding items, offers, advertising campaigns and events.
E) Usage of cookies
If you only use our website for information purposes, i.e. if you do not register for any service or otherwise provide us with information – such as through a contact form – we shall only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you would therefore like to visit our website, we shall collect the data specified below, which are necessary for us on a technical level in order to display the website to you and to ensure its stability and security pursuant to Article 6(1), subparagraph 1(f) EU GDPR:
- IP address
- data and time of the query
- time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- content of the request
- access status / http status code
- the quantity of data transferred
- the website from which the request originated
- the browser used
- the operating system and its interface
- the language and version of the browser software
A basic distinction may be drawn between first party cookies, third party cookies and third party requests.
- First party cookies are saved by us or our website in your browser in order to offer you the best possible experience as a user. These include in particular functional cookies, such as for instance basket cookies.
- Third party cookies are saved by a third party provider in your browser. These normally include tracking or marketing tools, which assess your usage and also offer the third party provider the opportunity to recognise you on other websites you visit. In principal, practices such as for instance “retarget marketing” are based on the operation of these types of cookie.
- Third party requests mean all requests that you as a user of the pages submit to a third party through our website – for example if you use social network plugins or avail yourself of the services of a payment provider. In such cases, although we shall not save any cookies in your browser, it cannot be excluded that personal data may be transmitted to these third party providers as a result of the interaction. For this reason, we also inform you in detail in our Privacy Statement of the tools & applications used by us.
Our website(s) use(s) the following types of cookie, the scope and functioning of which are explained below:
- Temporary cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. These include in particular session cookies, which save a so-called session ID with which various queries from your browser can be allocated to the overall session. This makes it possible to recognise your computer again if you return to our website. These session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
- Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a particular period of time, which may differ from cookie to cookie. However, you can delete cookies yourself in your browser settings at any time.
You can change your browser settings in such a manner as, for instance, to refuse to accept third party cookies or all cookies. Should you do so, we must however inform you that you may not be able to use all functions of our website.
F) Processing of your PD
The PD collected through the website will be processed in the main electronically. When doing so all necessary security precautions will be taken in order to minimise the risk of data destruction or loss (including accidental loss, unauthorised access, unlawful processing and processing that does not occur in accordance with the purposes for which the data were collected as stated in the General Data Protection Regulation).
However, as the data may be transmitted over electronic networks, the measures indicated cannot entirely limit/exclude the risk of unauthorised access to or processing of data. We therefore recommend that you check regularly whether your PC has software that offers appropriate protection for online transmissions (incoming and outgoing) of data (e.g. up-to-date antivirus software), and your internet provider has taken appropriate security precautions in order to ensure the secure online transmission of your data (e.g. firewall and protection against spam).
Any personal data beyond the information saved by cookies will only be processed by us if you voluntarily disclose such data to us, for example if you register with us, enter into a contractual relationship with us or otherwise establish contact with us. The relevant data will be comprised exclusively of contact data and information concerning the reason why you contacted us.
We shall only use the personal data provided by you insofar as necessary in order to fulfil the relevant purpose of processing (e.g. registration, dispatch of the newsletter, order processing, sending information material and advertising, processing a prize competition, answering a question or enabling access to certain information) and permitted by law (in particular pursuant to Article 6 EU GDPR) (e.g. sending advertising and information material to existing customers).
Your data will be processed for the purpose of operating our website and for the timely provision of information specific to the undertaking as well as presenting our range of goods and services (marketing). Any further usage of your data shall only occur with your express prior consent. You may revoke your consent at any time, as specified in detail below.
G) Mandatory or voluntary provision of data requested
H) Tools and applications used
Google uses this information on our behalf in order to assess your usage of our website, in order to compile reports concerning website activities and in order to provide further services to the website operator associated with usage of the website and the internet. The IP Address transmitted by your browser in relation to Google Analytics will not be cross-referenced with other data held by Google.
You can prevent the storage of the cookies required by Google Analytics by configuring your browser software settings accordingly, which however may mean that you may not be able to use all functions of this website in full. You can also prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie relating to your usage of your website (including your IP address) along with its transmission and processing by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available under the following link: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout;
b. We use the services provided by Google Maps on our website. This enables us to display interactive maps to you directly on our website, allowing you to use the map function with ease in order to find our location and facilitate your journey to us.
c. Our website also contains links to other websites; these are provided exclusively for information purposes. These websites are not under our control and are thus not covered by this Privacy Statement. However, should you click on a link it is possible that the operator of the website concerned may collect data concerning you and process it in accordance with its own privacy statement, which may differ from our own policy. Please always obtain information concerning current privacy arrangements also from the websites linked to by us.
d. It is also possible to interact with various social networks on our website using plugins. These are:
- Facebook, operated by Facebook Ireland Ltd, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland
- Google+, operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
- Youtube, operated by Youtube LLC, 901 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066 USA
If you click on a plugin from one of these social networks, it will be activated and a connection will be created with the relevant server of this network as described above. We do not have any influence over the extent and content of the data that is transferred to the relevant operator of this social network by clicking on the plugin.
Our website has buttons on various pages for sharing the page content on the social media platforms Facebook, YouTube and Google+. More specific information may be found in the relevant privacy statements of the platforms.
I) Extent of data disclosure
KE KELIT only transmits its data to the extent permitted by law and as specified below.
In addition to the purposes mentioned under point C, your data will be processed by KE KELIT employees and passed on to undertakings that provide special technical and organisational services for KE KELIT in their capacity as data processors or controllers in relation to the website and the management of marketing and communication activities.
Your data may also be passed on upon request and according to law to the police and judicial authorities or in the event that there reasonable grounds to assume that such disclosure is necessary to a reasonable extend in order to:
(i) investigate, prosecute or prevent suspected unlawful acts or support the national supervisory authorities;
(ii) prepare a defence against third party payables or claims and uphold the security of our own website and of the company;
(iii) exercise and protect the rights, ownership and security of KE KELIT, customers, employees and third parties.
Your PD will only be transferred to a foreign country in the event that reasonable data protection and sufficient security measures are guaranteed as prescribed by law.
J) Duration of storage
As a matter of principle, we shall save data that you have provided to us exclusively for the purpose of customer support or for marketing and information purposes for a period of three years after our last contact. However, should you so desire, we shall erase your data prior to expiry of this period unless we are prevented from doing so by law.
In the event that your personal data are collected during the pre-contractual stage or in relation to the conclusion of a contract, we shall process these after the contract has been implemented in full until expiry of the guarantee, warranty, time barring and statutory retention periods applicable to us, and thereafter until termination of any legal disputes in which the data are required as evidence.
K) Rights of persons whose PD are processed:
According to the General Data Protection Regulation and the Austrian Data Protection Act, you have the following rights and remedies as a data subject whose data are processed:
- Right to information (Article 15 EU GDPR) As a data subject for the data processing described above and other data processing, you have the right to request information as to whether any personal data concerning you are being processed, and if so which data. For your own protection – in order to ensure that no person gains unauthorised access to your data – we shall verify your identity in an appropriate manner before providing information.
- Right to rectification (Article 16) and erasure (Article 17 EU-GDPR) You have the right to request that any personal data concerning you that is incorrect be rectified promptly or – taking into account the purposes of the processing – that any incomplete personal data be completed or that your data be erased, provided that the criteria laid down by Article 17 EU GDPR are met.
- Right to restriction of processing (Article 18 EU GDPR) You have the right to restrict the processing of all personal data collected where the statutory prerequisites are met. After a request for restriction has been made, these data will only be processed with your specific consent or in order to exercise or enforce legal claims.
- Right to data portability (Article 20 EU GDPR) You may request the unimpeded and unlimited transmission of personal data that you have provided to us, either to yourself or to a third party.
- Right to object (Article 21 EU-GDPR) You may object, on grounds relating to your particular situation at any time to processing of personal data concerning you that is necessary in order to uphold our legitimate interests or those of a third party. After you object your data will no longer be processed unless there are compelling legitimate reasons for processing that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms or unless processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. You can object at any time with future effect to data processing for the purpose of direct marketing.
- Revocation of consent If you have consented separately to the processing of your data, you can revoke this consent at any time. Such a revocation will affect the lawfulness of processing of your personal data occurring after you have intimated it to us.
Should you take any action to enforce the above-mentioned rights under the GDPR, KE KELIT will state its position in relation to the action requested or allow the request promptly or at the latest within one month of receipt of your request. We shall respond to all reasonable enquiries according to law free of charge and as quickly as possible. Please send any requests to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org.
The data protection authority has competence over any requests relating to the breach of the right to information, confidentiality, correction or erasure. Its contact details are as follows:
Österreichische Datenschutzbehörde [Austrian Data Protection Authority]
Wickenburggasse 8 1080 Vienna | email@example.com
The above-mentioned rights may be exercised at any time, provided that their exercise is permitted by law.